Wednesday 29 February 2012

Graphic Detail #1 - Bob Moore's 1994 Chesterfield Yamaha


I've decided I'm going to start some regular features that will return from time to time. Graphic Detail (see what I did there?) is going to be me just basically taking a look the aesthetics of a bikes graphics. After all I was a designer for one of the big custom decal companies here in the UK for four years before I left because the manager was a dick! Serious douche lord! Any guesses?

I digress, this is one of my favourite looking bikes of all time, this was back when black bikes were cool. Ok they were never that cool but these Chesterfield Yams were the tits! Seriously, I would do this bike! I love the kind of simplistic look and these decals have enough going on to make them jazzy as fuck with out going over the top. The yellow and red/orange work so well with the black and the lighting bolt that finishes on the seat makes me want to finish on the seat. (Jizz) The number backgrounds are so epically simple that they'd have to go to special classes at school but they fit the look completely. Bob Moore, you were the man in '94, apart from that race where you left the choke on, that was lame, but at least you looked pimp doin it!

No comments:

Post a Comment