Saturday 14 April 2012

A Look Ahead With A Look Back - New Orleans 2009


Supercross returns to 'Norlans' tonight after a couple of years break from heading down to the 'big easy', which is what I call your mum coincidently. Snap! So with there being no race in the Superdome last year I figured I'd go back to the last time the crew rolled into Saints country which was 2009. The video is in 3 parts so I didn't post it but watch it here. Here's what went down:


  • Alessi holeshots, Standard. Loses the lead straight away, Standard. Gets taken out later in the race, not nearly standard enough.
  • The sand section is unimpressive. Its just a berm you idiots!
  • Windham is rockin the New Orleans Saints style gear and helmet. Shit looks fresh and Kdub just lays it down and gets 4th.
  • Stewart vs Reed, we've seen it so much but this was probably the peak time of it (see Jacksonville '09) This is when Stewart was fast.
  • This was when Villopoto was not......well not AS fast.
  • Hepler gets a 3rd like a Solidude.
  • Tedesco pretty much kills Kiniry in the sand section. Wheel to head, gnarly.
  • WTF Millsaps? Who was your trainer back then? The 2012 Ricky Carmichael? That better be body armour tubby.
  • Stewart wins and keeps his 100% win when not crashing streak alive. What a streak to have. I'm good when i'm......good. Bravo. 

I have to say I'm not that excited about tonight's race. I mean RV is just going to go out there and destroy the field like a toilet bowl after a Tabasco laden burrito with extra jalapeƱos the night before (totally worth it). As always it would have been good to see Windham out there rockin' some more Saints gear, that shit was epic. I remember this year Villopoto and Reed turned up in San Diego with special edition Chargers Thor gear. I was so irate as I already had plans to slap the Chargers bolts onto my white Shoei and rock that shit like I was Phillip Rivers. I know Torsten and crew probably got the idea from me because that's what usually happens, I'm always setting the trends. Take note bitches, next year its V neck race shirts like the guys from Jersey Shore, lets see you pull those out Whor Racing. Dicks!

That's right Kdub, you is the shiznit!



No comments:

Post a Comment