Tuesday 27 March 2012

Mav's Breakdown Of The 2012 MXD(that's right D mother fuckers)N Logo



Youthstream and Monster Energy fucked up! Its 'des nations' not 'of nations' you fuckin' clowns. I hate the fact that it's been changed over the last decade just so certain sponsors target audience can say it without drifting into some racist attempt at an accent. Anyway that rant out the way, this logo isn't quite doing it for me, the first thing that lets it down is the black, and I hate these words, "grunge" or "smudge" effect in the background, I was putting shit like that on bikes back in 2005 and here we are 7 years later and its still kickin' around like that great aunt who just refuses to let go of that last bit of breath her respirator gives her. Seriously boys solid outlines is the way to go, trust me. Also I'm not that keen on the kind of perspective twist on the main lettering, it's the kind of thing you see a lot in design these days cos people grab a copy of photoshop use the different filters and tools and think they should start their own design company. "I made some business cards for my dads handy man business." Get fucked Junior! Its all about Illustrator fuck wad, vectors rule bitch! The text is OK, apart from the spelling mistake I pointed out earlier. Quite a nice use of both horizontal and vertical axis, just ditch the cracked effect (again done to death) and the silencer is quirky and it's a perfectly good rendering of a pro circuit pipe but does it get me amped about the MXDN? Not even a half cocked right now. Seriously Youthstream next time you want a logo done get on the phone and I'll take a crack at it or just pull out some of the money you DON'T pay the riders and get the 123Klan guys on the case, they know what the fuck is up, that's for sure. Schools out!

No comments:

Post a Comment